Hi everyone! I’m back with another Top Ten Tuesday. For those of you who don’t know, TTT is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Every week, she comes up with a topic and then everyone can make their own top ten about it. This week’s prompt is “Ten questions I would ask my favourite authors”. Because I am always intrigued by the process behind everything, I decided to list 10 questions to ask authors I like, to see how they tackle the whole writing process. Let’s go!
- Describe your writing process. Are you more of a planner or a pantser?
- Describe your ideal surroundings to write: what about music, snacks, other things you need to get in the zone?
- How much of your writing time is the physical act of typing, and how much time do you spend researching, thinking, planning, etc?
- How much does your story change throughout the whole process?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- Do you usually start with a setting, a theme, or the characters?
- How do you make the characters you love suffer so much?
- Do you “fear the empty page”? If so, how do you get over it and start writing?
- How do/did you get over the idea that every sentence in the first draft has to be perfect? (True story: this is my biggest hurdle when I’m trying to write a story)
- What is your favourite kind of scene to write? (Dialogue, combat,…) And your least favourite?
What questions would you like to ask your favourite author(s)? Let me know in the comments! Happy reading and stay safe!
(PSA: I might be a bit slower in responding to comments, sorry about that! I have a lot of things to do lately and I’m also really tired for some reason.)